Why It’s Important
Taking good care of your bouquet is important to maintain the health and quality of your flowers, so you can enjoy them longer! KaBloom is the only florist that ships flowers in water using unique Bloom2O technology, which helps preserve the life of your arrangement before it gets to you. Once your flower arrangement has arrived here are some tips to keep them fresh and beautiful!
When Your Arrangement Arrives
- Remove your flowers from their box as soon as possible and remove the Bloom2O balloon if they were shipped in water. Make sure to select a vase before you begin trimming to make sure you trim the stems an appropriate amount. Use a sharp knife or pair of scissors to avoid crushing the stems and cut them at a 45-degree angle to allow for maximum water absorption.
- Make sure your vase is clean and fill three-quarters of the vase with fresh, warm water. Add flower food if it was provided and stir until it dissolves. Please note that flower food is not included with all arrangements because not all flower varieties require it.
- Begin arranging your largest flowers first then work outwards with smaller varieties. Continue trimming as needed so your arrangement looks full and even. Enjoy!
Maintaining Fresh Flowers
- Avoid displaying your bouquet in direct sunlight and away from heating or cooling vents. It is also better to keep flowers away from fresh fruits as they emit small amounts of ethylene gas as they ripen and can cause flowers to expire more quickly.
- Check your arrangement daily and add fresh water as needed to make sure all stems are hydrated. If the water begins to get cloudy, clean the vase with anti-bacterial soap, trim stems and refill with fresh water. It is important to avoid bacteria build up, which can prevent the stems from absorbing water.
Every 3-4 days trim the stems ¾’’ to 1’’ from the bottom, maintaining 45-degree angle. This ensures that stem tissues remain healthy and can absorb the water your flowers need!