KaBloom: Graphic Designer Job Description
The graphic designer will support a variety of initiatives across the business, including design work used on our website and partner platforms, such as Amazon(e.g., special promotions), for our sales and marketing efforts (e.g., brochures), and in our retail locations (e.g., banners).
The ideal candidate for this position should fulfill the following qualifications:
Completion of a BA program in Graphic Design with 2-4 years of design experience in a business setting (or an absolutely awe-inspiring portfolio).
Responsibilities will include:
Develop professional, contemporary, creative, market savvy, compelling designs for:
- Web page mock-ups, wireframes, microsites, etc. (such as web banners, email headers, and social media campaigns)
- Various marketing collateral pieces, (brochures, informational cards, flyers, infographics, etc.)
- Printed retail collateral pieces, (such as signage, banners, and other promotional material)
- Create unique brand elements, (such as logos, certified seals, and templates) based on KaBloom’s brand guidelines and vision.
- Provide well-thought through and relevant input to team brainstorming for business and marketing efforts
**Additional business administration responsibilities may be required so applicants should also feel comfortable using Microsoft Excel to create organized product inventory lists (templates will be provided)
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environments, as well as being deadline oriented
- Keen attention to detail
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials
- Plans concept by researching market trends, thinking “outside the box”, studying information and materials
- Illustrates concept by designing rough visual layouts and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Provides 2-3 different mock-up samples with each project
- Adobe Creative Suite, (InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop) * After Effects is a plus
- Must have experience in Adobe Suite: Illustrator and Indesign.
- Photoshop is a plus, since image editing is a bit different.
- Microsoft Office and/ or Google Docs
- Color Theory, Visual Language, and Color Correcting abilities
- Animated GIF
- Image and graphic spec requirements for both digital and print formats
- Photo Editing, (commercial and product photography image editing, color correction, curves, clone, mask tool, etc) * is a plus
Compensation is competitive. Candidates should be available for at least 20-40 hours per week between the hours of 9am and 7pm ET, Monday through Friday. This is a contracted position for the first 3 months, and we will consider taking on full-time thereafter.
Interested candidates should email their resume, a brief cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Graphic Designer.”